Thankasseri is located 3 Kms from Kollam City Centre. In 1502 Portugese established a trading centre there for trading pepper. St Thomas Fort built by Portugese got destroyed in war with Dutch. In 1661 the Dutch possessed the city. The Infant Jesus Church in Thangasseri was built by Portugese and remains as an evidence of Portugese rule. Light house in Thankasseri Offers an over all view of Thankassery Bech where the the remains of Portugese Fort are still there.